Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Amidst the social, your soul

Ever found yourself wondering why you are more anxious than before, feel some unknown pressure or that you are a part of a never ending race?

Leave aside the profession, as an individual there is a constant urge to want what the other has. Remember the time in school when after the summer break we would really wait for school to reopen so we could flaunt our newly bought stationery, bags and water bottles to the extent as to whose name sticker is cooler than whose. The concept still is the same even now that we are adults. The only difference being this yearly feeling is now routine and overpowering our lives with updating the latest. It’s not wrong but how much is right, is the catch. Even if you deny it does affect you at subconscious level. Travel pictures, Food pictures, adventure pictures, people having babies, getting married, new job, new business etc etc etc.

I am sure you have seen jokes floating around of people concentrating more to get just the right click of the platter of food they have just been served than the dish itself. The better the click, followed by the likes, the tastier the food feels. I find myself sometimes in annoying situations when I can’t have what my “social media” friends have or seem to have. It affects to a level where I am dissatisfied with almost everything I have. Then this periodic realization sets in that it is only the virtual world and I don’t know what the “real” story is and that makes me less dissatisfied. Then there are times when I am happy copying things what others seem to portray as fun and living life to the fullest activities. It really is a game.
And if you are the kind of person who can quickly get influenced then I say welcome to the gang! Let almighty help us! I agree that this society that we are living in now has certain factors which are unavoidable with social media presence topping the list and you have to be a part of it to stay relevant.

This article was just to make you ponder over your thoughts. What occupies the maximum space in your mind? Are you on the right page? May be take some time off from the virtual world and enjoy the real things. Amidst the social self get off for your soul health. And then re-check your anxiety levels. May be you will get a good news!! 


Love

No comments:

Post a Comment